The creation of JamComments was largely motivated by a dissatisfaction in how alternative website comment services treat user data. As such, we have no desire to collect or use any of your data beyond what's absolutely necessary. Here's what we do collect:
We only collect any data explicitly given to us.
As a Subscriber
- Your website information, including domain and any arbitrary name you choose to give it within JamComment's dashboard.
- Alphanumeric IDs from third-party services used to link your account to these external records, including Auth0 authentication accounts and Stripe subscription information. These IDs stored within JamComments are not personally-identifiable.
- Any application-specific settings and options necessary for the function of the application, and which are not personally identifiable.
As a Commenter
- Optionally, your email address for each comment you submit.
- Any text content you choose to submit via a comment form on a website that has installed and activated a JamComments plugin.
Information Used By JamComments, But Serviced Elsewhere
In order to keep your information as secure as possible, third-party services are used to handle data where it most directly applies. These services include:
For more information about what you read here, or any other questions, please email email@example.com.